Monday, May 28, 2012
Twitter as a Fitness Resource: Top 9 People to Follow
To get you started, here are my TOP 9 Favorite Fitness Tweeters. They also happen to be very legitimate and professional. Most of them have blogs and/or websites that you can glean even more great information from.
9) Huffington Post's Healthy Living @HealthyLiving http://www.huffingtonpost.com/living
Great health/wellness articles.
8) RevolutionaryAct.com @RevAct http://www.revolutionaryact.com/
Awesome website and app.
7) Kim Shand @rethinkyoga http://www.rethinkyoga.com/
Best mind/body connection tips.
6) Charli Cohen @TrainWithCharli http://trainwithcharli.com/
Great quotes, links to good articles.
5) ACE Fitness @ACEFitness http://www.acefitness.org/
My certifying organization, so I'm biased. BUT, they always tweet links to quality blogs/articles and exercise videos.
4) Valerie Waters @ValerieWaters http://www.valeriewaters.com/
Awesome celebrity trainer, PLUS she's the trainer of my most favorite actress ever (Sasha Alexander) and my 2nd most favorite actress ever (Jessica Capshaw). So Ms. Waters could make the list simply because of that, in addition to the fact that she's who I want to be when I grow up. But putting aside my inner-13-year-old-fangirl, she actually tweets links to articles and shares fitness tips & insights, instead of always just trying to sell her products (unlike some other celebrity trainers on Twitter).
3) Anytime Fitness @AnytimeFitness http://anytimefitness.com/
2) Women's Health Magazine @WomensHealthMag http://www.womenshealthmag.com/
One of my favorite women's health magazines... and they tweet links to good articles and interesting information.
1) Alfonso Moretti @AngryTrainerFit http://www.angrytrainerfitness.com/
Mr. Moretti is the male version of who I want to be when I grow up. And he has the best fitness website you'll find! Great blogs/Q&As/product reviews and workouts - all FREE. And I absolutely love his fitness philosophy: very down-to-earth and grounded in common sense. Plus he just seems like a really nice guy. Like, who wouldn't want him as their trainer?!?
So what are you waiting for? Get a Twitter account if you don't already have one, and start following a few of these folks. Who are some of your top fitness Tweeters?